According to the artofmanliness.com, fragrance is an invisible part of our personal style and has a powerful effect on how people see and remember you. With that being said, your fashion connect is going to give you a Chris Paul alley-oop to your summer success by listing some of the hottest fragrances that are sure to release those pheromones in the opposite sex.
- Yves Saint Laurent – $58 You can’t go wrong with any of the YSL line as they're all classics and their sweet scent is sure to turn heads.
- Acqua di Parma - $105 - One of my buddies in D.C. recommended this to me and it’s line is packed with an array of colognes that will have you feeling as if you need to be under the Tuscan sun.
- Noir by Tom Ford - $105- Envision yourself in the Amalfi coast of Italy as Tom Ford’s variety of unisex fragrances is sure to have you feeling and smelling as good as you look.
- Green Irish Tweed by Creed - $215- Style icon Cary Grant deemed this to be his favorite cologne and the hefty price tag tells you that applying less is more as this pure fragrance has me hooked for over a decade.
- Chez Bond by Bond No.9 - $215- My secret, not so secret, go to cologne when Im suited and booted or feeling super suave. Two sprays, lasts all day!
Generally in the spring, my personal preference is lighter sweeter fragrances, but any of the above can be worn year round as they are classics; meaning they'll never go out of style. The elevated price tags on some of them are due to the fact there's a high concentration of oils and less water, so they last longer and require less sprays upon application.
Tip: When applying fragrances, apply to heat points; behind the ear, neck, or inner elbow to name a few. Please note, if you apply to your wrist, as many do, NEVER rub your wrists together as you're crushing the fragrance.
In closing, know that all colognes and fragrances smell differently on each individual. So be sure to test them out first, before purchasing, to ensure there's a chemical chemistry with your skin.
Ryan Jor El
The Fashion Connoisseur